Tuesday, 15 May 2012

My first foray into the blog world...

Well hello blogging world! Lovely to meet you at last!

My job title is Learning Resources Developer. (No, I don't know what that means either...). I am a school librarian in a large secondary school in North London.  Well, this is one of my roles. I am also administrator and trainer of a VLE called Fronter as well as running all IT aspects of the Learning Resources Centre. As you might imagine, this makes my job role a little diluted but also means that I rarely do the same thing two days in a row.

I have to admit that writing a blog solely about me and my professional experiences is just a little bit scary. Ok, I lied, it's VERY VERY scary. Like others in the library profession I'm not very good at self promotion and the thought that I might have to fill a blog with ME ME ME is against everything I am.  

Ah...a nice segue into why I am attempting to complete #cpd23. I really want my career to continue to be interesting and become diverse and exciting. I am very bad a networking with other librarians, even when given the chance because I live in constant fear that I'm doing the wrong thing. I understand this is a ridiculous notion but no amount of telling myself that will actually convince any part of my brain! SO, I am biting the bullet and posting this blog in the hopes that it will go at least some way to forcing me to develop my CPD. Be gentle blogosphere! 

I have to admit though, this wasn't quite as painful as I first imagined so, you never know, I just may get through this alive!


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Rosie!

    I enjoyed your first post (and admit that I find this whole thing quite scary too!). I work in a university library, so I look forward to seeing the 'Things' from the perspective of a school based librarian too :)

    Good luck with the next 'Thing!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, your job sounds extra-interesting!
    Your post describes very much how I was feeling (and still am!) but I've started to get interactive and am trying not to worry about the whole thing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosie - I'm still at the exploring blogs stage of cpd23, and just wanted to let you know that I've really enjoyed reading your blog. I shared your nerves over my first post - and now that hurdle is out of the way I feel much better! Good luck with the rest of the course!

    ReplyDelete